The Accessible Writer

Recently a best selling author, one whom I respect and admire, posted on her blog that she is not accessible.  She is a writer and a busy wife and mom.  She tours and teaches.  She gives back to the writing community.  But she is not accessible to the fans who email her.  Here is the link to that post if you really want to read it (http://oinks.squeetus.com/2014/04/i-am-not-accessible.html)

I get it.  I do, really.  But y'know what?  I'm a mom, too.  I cart my kid to and from school daily, in addition to extracurricular activities such as tae kwon do (she's working toward her junior black belt right now).  I run errands.  I do chores.  I shop.  I cook.  I try to clean and do laundry.  I market all my books myself because I can't afford a publicist (yet).  I hang out with friends.  I read.  I blog.  I write.  Daily.

I try to interact with the small amount of fans I have on my author page.  I do whatever I must to sell a copy of one of my books each day.  It's exhausting.  And you know what?

I'm still accessible.

I made a vow when I was young, decades before I was published, that I would try my very best to always be accessible to my readers.  I am nothing without  my readers.  I would kill to have as many readers as the non-accessible writers do.

So here I am, world.  
Accessible.

http://facebook.com/authorannhunter
@AnnHunter82
#AwesomeAnnHunter

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Translate Blog





    Email Ann!

    Name

    Email *

    Message *


Recent Comments